- Bef 1550 Submit Photo / Document
Has 2 ancestors and 5 descendants in this family tree.
||Thomas Kempe |
||Chislet, Kent, England, Great Britain 
||15 Jul 1550 [3, 4]
- Will proved 20th September 1550 (A.C. 29, fol. 5) by Ambrose Dodd, Alexander Pavior, Richard Bestfield and William Biggs. These were not the executors appointed, but evidently acted for the widow Agnes Kempe, who, being with child, was not in a fit state to undertake the journey to Canterbury.
He mentions the properties thus recently come to him, and leaves his house at "Stoodhill" or "Stedhill" to his wife, instructing her to add a new kitchen to it. This, however, was to pass to his son Robert when he came of age (he being but four years old at this time), he then paying an annuity to his mother out of the estate, forty shillings during her life. To his daughters the testator bequeathed "two kyne and twenty ewes" each, and to these and other daughters (if born) equal shares in the Chislet and Hoath properties, at their respective ages of 15.
||Will of Thomas Kempe, Chislet, 1550
Will of Thomas Kempe, Chislet, 1550
||Bef 24 Jul 1550 [1, 4]
||24 Jul 1550
||Chislet, Kent, England, Great Britain [1, 3, 4]
St Mary the Virgin
|| Submit Headstone Photo |
- "the elder" to whom the Herne property was bequeathed
||1 Jan 2019 |
||Agnes [--?--], d. Yes, date unknown |
||Bef 1546 
| ||1. Robert Kempe, b. Bef 29 Jul 1546, d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||2. Agnes Kempe, b. Bef 17 Oct 1548, d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||3. Margery Kempe, d. 1556, Chislet, Kent, England, Great Britain |
|4. Joanna Kempe, d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||5. Kathryn Kempe, d. Oct 1592|
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
- [S1854] Kentish Kemps (Reliability: 2).
- [S4231] Book: The Kemp(e) Families of Thanet, Chislet, Whitstable, and other parts of Kent, etc., p.5||5 (Reliability: 2).
- [S4928] Email: Shelagh Mason, Kemp(e) Wills; 13 October 2018; Andrew Kemp (Reliability: 2).
- [S4231] Book: The Kemp(e) Families of Thanet, Chislet, Whitstable, and other parts of Kent, etc., p.6||6 (Reliability: 2).
Sorry, there is a database problem.
Please check back shortly. Thanks.