1899 - 1976 (76 years) Submit Photo / Document
Has 15 ancestors but no descendants in this family tree.
||Clifford Carlton Kemp |
||25 Oct 1899
||New Zealand [1, 3, 4]
||15 Oct 1933
||Wellington, New Zealand 
- New Zealand, Archives New Zealand, Passenger Lists
Name C Kemp, 34; Mrs. C. Kemp, 36
Event Type Immigration
Event Date 15 Oct 1933
Event Place Wellington, New Zealand
Birth Year (Estimated) 1899
Ship Name Marama
Departure Port Sydney
Departure Date 1933
Arrival Port Wellington
Arrival Place Wellington
||7 Mar 1976
||New Zealand [1, 4]
||Aft 7 Mar 1976
||Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand [1, 5]
North Shore Memorial Park
||Clifford Carlton Kemp (1899-1976) Grave Site | BillionGraves
|| Submit Headstone Photo |
||ONS | KLN Cotgrave
||10 Nov 2016 |
||Muriel Chase Rasmussen, b. Abt 1897, d. Yes, date unknown |
||18 Apr 1938
||West Palm Beach, Florida, United States 
- Engagement announcement:
The engagement of Muriel Chase Rasmussen to Clifford Kemp, New Zealand pianist, has been announced by Mr. and Mrs. William Whitney Rasmussen of Westport, Conn., who, with their daughter, are in Palm Beach. The bride-elect, who is a member of the New York Theater guild and is of distinguished colo- nial ancestry, is a granddaughter of the late Dr. and Mrs. Edmund Chase Spinney of Chicago. Mr. Kemp has appeared in recital in New York, Bos- ton, and Chicago, and following his debut as a prodigy at the age of 15 has enjoyed a remarkable career in his native country. The wedding will occur in the near future.
Publication: The Palm Beach Post Location: West Palm Beach, Florida Issue Date: Tuesday, April 19, 1938 Page 7
Clifford Kemp The marriage of Miss Muriel Chase Rasmussen, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. William Whitney Rasmussen of Westport, Conn., to Clifford Kemp, son of Mr. and Mrs. Alfred J. Kemp of Mount Eden, Auckland, New Zealand, took place at noon Monday in the Royal Polnciana Chapel. Following the ceremony, at which Dr. William E. Biederwolf officiated, a luncheon was served at Brazilian Court. Later the couple left for a wedding trip to Nassau. They plan to spend the summer at Mr. Kemp's studio at Dark Harbor, Me. The bride is a descendant of Samuel Chase,one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence, and of Judge Salmon P. Chase, chief justice of the Supreme Court and treasurer general in Lincoln's cabinet. She is a member of the New York chapter of the DAR. She attended the Emma Willard School in Troy, NY and the Finch School in New York City. She and her mother have been spending the season in an apartment on Brazilian Avenue. Mr. Kemp is a noted pianist and has for three years been musical director and organist at Tremont Temple, Boston. He recently completed a three months concert tour of Australia and has spent the past four months in Palm Beach.
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
- [S3526] Billion Graves Index, 28 December 2014; Kemp (Reliability: 2).
- [S1080] RootsWeb MB: KEMP, cherylkemptaber; Re: Howard Keith Kemp family, new zealand; 27 October 2016; 10 November 2016; http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.kemp/2164/mb.ashx (Reliability: 2).
- [S1611] New Zealand Births, Deaths & Marriages Online, Reg. No. 1899/18510 (Reliability: 2).
- [S1611] New Zealand Births, Deaths & Marriages Online, Reg. No. 1976/27661 (Reliability: 2).
- [S3527] BillionGraves, 28 December 2014; http://billiongraves.com/pages/record/person/3938233 (Reliability: 2).
- [S3161] GEDCOM: ABKemp.
- [S1611] New Zealand Births, Deaths & Marriages Online, Reg. No. 1893/5713 (Reliability: 2).
- [S1611] New Zealand Births, Deaths & Marriages Online, Reg. No. 1891/2113 (Reliability: 2).