- 1615 Submit Photo / Document
Has 69 ancestors and 12 descendants in this family tree.
||Edward KEMPE |
||Hereford, Herefordshire, England, United Kingdom [3, 4]
- Will was proved at London in 1615 (P.C.C, 82 Rudd).
Will mentions also his uncle and aunt Benett, and bequeaths the property to his son Robert, subject to the life interest of the testator's wife Elizabeth. The mention also of his "friend, Sir Robert Oxenbridge, Knight," and many relatives distinctly shows the exact connexion of the testator to those of Hampshire and Kent. Further interesting evidence is furnished by several deeds now preserved at the British Museum relating to these lands and others and bearing the signature and seal of Edward Kempe and his relatives.
||1615 [3, 5]
|| Submit Headstone Photo |
- Edward appears to have settled in the County of Hereford owing to a grant of land which he obtained from his uncle, Robert Benett, at the time Bishop of Hereford. The lands included Middleton-on-the-Hill, Chenson and Waterson, and a lease of the parsonage and glebe of Almeley, all of which are mentioned in the will of Edward Kempe
||ONS | KLN Kemp-Welch
||21 Oct 2014 |
|| Edward KEMPE, Gentleman, b. Bef 1557, Beaulieu, Hampshire, England, United Kingdom , d. 7 Mar 1605, Poole, Dorset, England, United Kingdom (Age > 48 years) |
|| Elizabeth WILMOT, d. Yes, date unknown |
||Aft 1558 [1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7]
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
|Residence - - Hereford, Herefordshire, England, United Kingdom
- [S2269] Clare-Kreuch Family Tree, 9 February 2012; Michelle Kreuch; email@example.com (Reliability: 2).
- [S1041] Email: Ivan Schindler, Re: Comments; 29 May 2010; Andrew Kemp (Reliability: 2).
- [S3151] Book: A General History of the KEMP and KEMPE Families of Great Britain and her Colonies, p.V-6 insert-II||V-6i-II (Reliability: 2).
- [S3151] Book: A General History of the KEMP and KEMPE Families of Great Britain and her Colonies, p.V-16||V-16 (Reliability: 2).
- [S3151] Book: A General History of the KEMP and KEMPE Families of Great Britain and her Colonies, p.IV-32||IV-32 (Reliability: 2).
- [S3568] Book: Magna Carta Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, vol. 1 p. 331.
- [S4347] Web: Gary Boyd Roberts (Wikipedia) (Reliability: 2).